Thursday, October 16, 2008

Things Change

I love fall! The falling leaves signify a sort of shedding of old habits in preparation for the cleansing that winter brings. Fall is about change. You can fill it thick in the cool air. So to embrace change, I have also changed the template on the blog.

I don't like some changes, like BYU losing their football game today (sigh), and me celebrating my 40th birthday this year (bigger sigh). Some changes are fun. Preston went on his first date to the Lehi High School Homecoming Dance. He also got his Learners Permit last week so he can drive. UGH!

Some changes are significant. 23 years ago this past week I met Nathan. That day back in 1985, when I was 16, I never would have imagined that the guy I danced with at The Bay would not only be such a blessing in my life, but that he would be my husband and eternal companion about 5 years later. I have known Nathan for more than half of my life, and it is definately the best half. He is funny, charming, honest, generous, thoughtful, and he still thinks I am smoken hot (he never really had great vision). Thanks, honey for always being by my side. I couldn't have asked for a better 23 years. (Below is the 1985 Christmas Dance at West High School, two months after I met Nathan.)

1 comments:

larsen0966 said...

You know, even though you have matured, you really don't look that much different now than you did in your picture. Hair styles changed and othewr things, but you so don't look 40!

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates