Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Air Supply Still Rocks

One of the perks of being the wife of a city councilman is the many events I get to go to and most of the time these events and activities are free.  One of those events was the Utah League of Cities and Towns Annual Conference.  It was held at the Sheraton Hotel in down town Salt Lake City this past week.  There was workshops, a golf tournament, and fantastic speakers.  To close the conference on Saturday, there was a dinner of fantastic food and thres leches for dessert...yum.  Finally Air Supply showed us that they still got it by giving us a memorable concert.  Three of the four band members were from Salt Lake City.  I thought that was pretty awesome.  I took some pictures using Nathan's phone.  I will post them as soon as I figure out how to do it.

http://www.airsupplymusic.com/index.html

My mind went back to the 80s when Air Supply ruled the airwaves.  During the middle of the concert Air Supply started singing the song "The One That You Love"  and had the audience sing the chorus a couple of times.  My mind was immediately brought back to that same girl scout camp I wrote about in a previous post.  Our camp director must have really loved that song because she had us all sing it over and over throughout the week.  On the last day we all (100s of girls) sang it to her.  It was very moving.

At family get-togethers,  we occasionally sing songs from the 80s.  Air Supply is some of my favorites to sing.  I was surprised that my little brother Nathan and my sister Jill knew the words to many of the Air Supply songs.  They are still kids in my book...not even 30 yet.  I believe that music from the 80s is the best music ever.  Back then the music was more important than how beautiful the singer was (Boy George and Cindy Lauper).  There was no wardrobe  malfunctions, no singers who wore very little clothing, no singers or bands who were constantly on the front page of tabloids revealing their shortcomings on a daily basis.

The 80s rocked!  and Air Supply showed me Saturday that they still Rock!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comments:

Sara said...

I 'heart' Air Supply !!!!!

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates