Monday, January 26, 2009

Still going

I gave myself a year to write this book and I will need it. On Friday, when I wasn't in preschool, I spent most of day looking at a blank screen.

I spent Saturday the same way, except for once in a while the kids would come in and ask if I was ever going to get off the computer. So I eventually had to leave the computer to kiss Nathan and Trevor goodbye, they were going to one of Nathans performances....he sings in a singing group. I also had to make sure the other kids weren't starving. I fixed something for dinner and took Preston and a friend to the Lehi High School Play...I can't remember the name of it right now. I went to Walmart thinking it was a one stop shopping place....I have to do the balancing act with as much effeciency as I can. Walmart was out of Cream of Chicken Soup, they didn't have the right aluminum pans I was looking for, and they were out of the Ink Cartridge that I needed. When I stood there at Walmart realizing that I was going to have to go to 3 stores now I was so tempted to leave my cart right there in the isle with my frozen chicken and whipped cream and a million other things that would spoil if I left it. I shook my evil thoughts away and got in my car and cried. I had planned on doing the shopping quickly and then going home and playing games with the girls....after all I had promised them. So instead of one store I ended up going to three. I was back home in time to put the groceries away and give the girls a hug and say "I love you" and then leave again to pick up Preston and his friend from the play.

4 comments:

HeaddaMarie said...

I have learned that Walmart is not the one stop shopping place. Half the time they either just don't have what I need or the don't have it in stock, which is a lot of the time! I don't see why they don't order more or keep it in stock in the back. Who knows how it works but sometimes it just frustrates me to no end!! And Saturdays are not good days to go there! ALWAYS busy!

jillysunflower said...

Don't sit infront of the computer. They aren't thought provoking. Go for a walk. I know it's cold but it will help. I look forward to reading a rough draft. You are going to post drafts aren't you?

larsen0966 said...

As for Walmart, I saw a commercial that said if you bought $100 in groceries a week, you would save $750 a year. Hmmm....

Divide $750 dollars by 52 weeks, that is $13 for every $100 you spend. I save that in gas by shopping closer to home. Walmart is on the other end of town.

As for writers block, I heard an author on NPR talk about writers block. He said anytime he got stuck, he would just lower his standards. Ideas would come, then he would go back and fix them and make them right later. Of course he writes horer stories....

Missy said...

There will be no drafts. No one will ever read it until it is in book form. Sorry I am weird that way.

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates